Thursday, February 5, 2015

Class 3: Exploring the Virtual World Framework (VWF)

This is the first VWF demo I went into and I was having a bit of trouble getting my avatar to move. This demo is called Middle-Eastern Village. It kept wanting me to edit, and it would not let me move. The graphics for this one on my computer were very blurry and the movement was not smooth that couple of times I got the woman to take a step. The next demo I went into was the Command Center demo. This was easy to move around in and the visuals were very clear. I enjoyed this one the most. The last demo I went into was the Grasslands demo. This one had a lot of great movement because the grass was constantly swaying in the wind. I was able to move around in this demo the easiest and I thought it was cool to be able to go up and down the hills and then turn around and see what was behind you.
Overall I think I like Meshmoon better, only because I have a couple more options as far as different worlds go. I also find Meshmoon easier to navigate and easier to move the avatar around. Although the Command Office has had the best visuals so far, I still think I am going to have to go with Meshmoon. I think they both have their pros and cons.


















No comments:

Post a Comment