Thursday, May 7, 2015

Examining Gender, Race and Body Image in a Virtual World


at first I went in as "goth female" and people were responding to what I was saying in sort of a group chat conversation. Someone started a weird debate about trolls so I left haha..trolls are not really a subject I know much about. The people were nice in this one.



I went into another world as the "goth female" and this time I started a conversation with a person. They responded, but it kind of freaked me out when they asked where I was from. I know that this is only a virtual world but my stranger danger instincts kick in and I don't like talking with random people.


 I the third world I went in as a male. No one responded to the conversations, male or female.



The last world I went in to a a female with tattoos and red hair. The people in this world responded, but awkward, forced conversation is my worst nightmare so I left.

Overall I thought it was weird talking to people on here only because I really didn't have much to say to complete strangers. I did think it was interesting though how people were more willing to respond to a female than they were to a male.


No comments:

Post a Comment